Geralt and The Three Dwarfs (EN)Posted by Gwent February 9, 2020 in
- 3 rounds (Bo3)
- each deck must contain exactly 3 cards
- provision cap is set on 9 in the basic version
- no draws, no mulligans, all cards in the hand from the start
- round winner starts the next round (as in the normal-sized Gwent)
- cards have no side effects
- if both players have equal number of points, then the round is won by the player who played less cards in this round. If both players played the same number of cards, then the round is drawn
The History of MiniGwent
About the MiniGwent we heard for the first time, when Geralt was travelling through the Land of Thousand Fables. By a lucky accident, he came across three Dwarfs: Mounty, Flatty and Tweeny, who were sitting on the top of a great toadstool, drinking rainwater from acorn caps. They seemed to discuss something with great attention:
– I tell you guys, no reason to debate. Dopey kicks ass in the third round – quacked Mounty
– How do you even hold onto third round?!- outraged Flatty
– Oh, come on, they always pass in the second round, and then it is bread and butter – said Mounty waving his hand
Geralt felt that this discussion is somehow familiar to him. “Dwarvies addicted too… damn it” – thought Geralt. Feeling how this encounter may evolve, he pretended to be a novice.
– Excuse me Gentlemen for interruption, what are you talking about? – said Geralt inconfidently
– Who are you? – asked Mounty staring at the Witcher
– Geralt of Rivia – retorted laconically – Witcher, monster killer
– Ah… I understand… I suspect you spent your life swinging sword left and right… – scoffed Mounty – we are talking about MiniGwent. Never heard, ya?
– I’ve heard a bit… – answered Geralt – is that the game with three rows…?
– One row! – said Tweeny sitting on the edge of toadstool – how would you fit three rows on a toadstool, huh?
That’s how it all began… Soon Geralt learned the basic rules of MiniGwent. He also looked into the deck of each Dwarf. They just could not stop themselves from boasting about their decks advantages.
– So… to sum up… i start with… – Geralt acted like a complete newbie
– We will show you everything. It is really a great game. I will start, so that you can see how to play. You will do the same, boys? – Flatty babbled with excitement and the rest nodded their heads.
„Triple red-coin… amateurs” – thought Geralt, while preparing a deck in his head
How did Geralt build his deck, and how did the games look like? (if your comment pretend to contain solution or any clue, start it with spoiler stars)
Cards were made using Gwent Card Generator (https://gwentcard.online/) application. Dwarf arts are of course taken from Disney‘s „Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs ” from 1937 – still my most beloved Disney movie.